Little Sir Isaac

The blogs main focus is ISAAC! The awesome little peanut that came into our lives on July 16, 2005. We're so excited to have him. Check back often to witness our family grow and change...

Thursday, May 08, 2008

What kind of hand is this?

Here's a conversation I had with Isaac recently:

I: What kind of hand is this? (he held up his right hand)
M: That's Isaac's hand.
I: It's right hand.
M: Yes, it is. What kind of hand is the other one?
I: Left hand. (he held up his left hand)

We have no idea where Isaac learned left and right. Martin and I have each mentioned it in passing, but we've never made a point to teach him the difference. Now, as long as he is holding something, he knows the difference between left and right. He also gave me his left foot when I requested it for his left shoe.

Levi had his 2-week check-up today and the doctor said he couldn't be more pleased with him. Levi now weighs a hefty 7 lbs 9 oz. The goal was to be at least back to his birth weight within 2 weeks (he weighed 6 lbs 10 oz when we brought him home from the hospital). Everything else checked out just fine as well. 

One more thing: today I heard a story about a baby that was born 4 weeks premature and his lungs were not fully developed. He also has a hole in one lung so he is in the NICU. It reminded me how thankful I am for two early babies that have been two healthy babies. What a praise that both our boys came home from the hospital the same day I did.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home